Saturday, July 28, 2012

More Parts Have Arrived!


I have some parts!  This week I received some great deliveries.  I have my front and rear disk brake kits along with new bearings to go all the way around the car.  These disks will look great under the EMPI 8 spoke wheels. I decided to wrap the wheels in a set of General Altimax HP tires (195/60/15).  Although these are not low rolling resistance tires they are rated an 8 out of 10 for rolling resistance making them only slightly less efficient then the highest rated low rolling resistance tires.  I'll run a bit higher pressure in the tires to make them a bit more efficient.
General Altimax HP 195/60/15
EMPI Wheels with mounted General Tires
I also got in my new Corbeau sport seats with brackets designed to mount directly into the Beetle factory seat mounts.  No drilling or welding needed to get them solidly in place!
Corbeau seat mount brackets with slider
Corbeau reclining seats
I also picked up a Warn Winch to mount on the Harvey Trailer I brought home a week or so ago.   With the design of the trailer having sides that are above the door sills I will not be able to open the doors of the car once it is on the trailer.  This will make it challenging to drive the car onto the trailer and get out.
Warn winch 1700 DC
This Warn winch offers exceptional value from a reputable company.  For right around $100 I purchased a Warn 1700 which thanks to Amazon.com was delivered in two days. Along with this winch I have a little side project I am working on to mount a 15 watt solar panal and charge controller to the trailer on a folding system.  This will allow me to charge an auxiliary battery that will run the winch.  Furthermore I will not have to load and unload the battery to charge it on a wall charger or use booster cables to run the winch off the towing vehicle.

I also have the shipping information for the motor and controller from RebirthAuto.  The setup should arrive with most of the remaining components for for the engine bay by next Friday!  I was informed that I will be receiving the charger in a separate shipment.  It’s coming together now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here. Thanks!